I'm a dreamer. I always have been. I love to envision and plan my future. I have lots of big hopes for my family (many that they aren't even aware of). Almost a decade ago, I had a tiny dream to start my own photography business. While in nursing school, I dabbled with photography and had begun taking photos for family and friends. I loved the process and the creative outlet it provided. I remember rationalizing it to myself that if I could make even one or two hundred extra dollars a month, that it would be worth it to our family for some extra income..


My husband was working at a church at the time, serving as a youth pastor. I was working 3 nights a week as a new labor and delivery nurse. We weren't broke, but we certainly didn't have much freedom in the finance department. Especially with two toddlers under age 3, a mortgage, and student loans to repay. So, in my sleep deprived state of being a full time night nurse and full time mother of 2 toddlers, I decided to start my own business. Did I mention that I'm a dreamer?!


Want to know a secret? I didn't have a clue what I was doing. I totally winged it for the first few years of being in business. I didn't even know photography mentorships were a thing! Don't get me wrong, I knew how to create beautiful images for my clients (but even that has been a journey of growth). The business aspect of it, though...I can only laugh about it now that I know so much more. And believe it or not, only about 10% of what I do is actually taking photos. The other 90% is the business side of it. Editing. Bookkeeping. Filing taxes. Client communication and management. Social media and marketing. Website design. Product design. Technology troubleshooting. And the list goes on.


This is why I am so excited to begin offering a 1:1 mentorship to both local and non-local Middle Tennessee photographers. How different my photography business journey could have been with a mentor! I imagine there would have been way less trial and error, less failure, less self-doubt, and I likely could have achieved my income goals in half the time that it's taken me. So, if you are in the same shoes I was in 9 years ago wondering how in the world to make the leap from hobbyist to career photographer, I would love to connect and discuss your potential!

Franklin TN photographer Kristie Lloyd offers mentorship to local photographers

Do you want to:


- take your photography beyond hobby (or beginner level) and begin confidently charging for your services?

- learn how to naturally pose subjects & direct a session without just guessing what to do next? 

- learn more about shooting with natural light and how to shoot in any light situation?

- edit beautifully and consistently?

- find your niche, style, ideal clients, and start building your brand?

  • have a real person to hold your hand through the process and a lifelong cheerleader?


A 1:1 mentorship with Kristie will give you the opportunity to ask Kristie anything* regarding photography (she’s an open book and loves to educate others). You'll gain the confidence to finally make the leap from hobbyist to career photographer. Based on your goals that are established in your consultation, Kristie will customize a mentorship experience to serve you best. The images you shoot and edit can be used in your own portfolio and social media.  

*Kristie cannot give you legal advice or tax advice


Let's connect!